Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Day to Give Thanks

Well. It's here again! My favorite holiday of the year! The day I give thanks for everything in my life. The good, the bad and the ugly. Why? Because it all pulls together to make life a perfect circle.

I am thankful for the LBA. The marvelous wonderful hoomans who rescue both the wild ones and the citizens afraid to have them. Those who remain always in the background, under cover, waiting for the next contact to jump in and save the day. Those wonderful marvelous caring hoomans whom I would be ever so lost without.

I'm thankful for life itself and the opportunity to serve those who need. Einstein once said we do not begin to live until we serve others.

Here at the orphanage we will be having our annual give thanks feast. To be able to provide this meal shows me that there is nothing lacking at the orphanage. Food, shelter, comfort and peace for all who reside here.

Every one please remember to tell others what you are thankful for today. But don't just do that once a year. Every day you are given that you don't wake up and find yourself dead is a gift.

Be safe today. And PLEASE -- don't drink and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment